2016-2017 Strategic Plan
The 2016-2017 Strategic Plan outlines the primary areas of focus for 2016 and 2017. Numerous additional projects, initiatives and policy matters that are not specifically mentioned in this document will be carried out or have been addressed throughout the years as appropriate.
The City Council identified the following as their strategic planning focus for 2016-2017:
This Strategic Plan intends to foster a more inclusive, just and sustainable Iowa City
- Promote a strong and resilient local economy
- Encourage a vibrant and walkable urban core
- Foster healthy neighborhoods throughout the City
- Maintain a solid financial foundation
- Enhance community engagement and intergovernmental relations
- Promote environmental sustainability
- Advance social justice and racial equity
A status report on the 2016-2017 Strategic Plan was presented to the City Council in October 2016.
2014-2015 Strategic Plan
A final report on the 2014-2015 Strategic Plan was presented to the City Council in November 2015.
2012-2013 Strategic Plan
A final report on the 2012-2013 Strategic Plan was presented to the City Council in November 2013.