The full RFP can be read here.
Please upload submittals here.
REMINDER: Inquiries to clarify the requirements of this Request for Proposals can be directed to Ben Clark at (319) 356-5436 or emailed to email@example.com. All inquiries must be made no later than May 12, 2021.
Submittals are due 4:00 PM, Friday May 21st, 2021
Request for Proposals
The City of Iowa City, Iowa (City) is soliciting proposals from interested consultants to provide engineering services for the Digester Complex Rehabilitation Project located at the City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility, 4366 Napoleon Street SE, Iowa City, IA 52240. The immediate scope of work includes an engineering study to evaluate the existing digestion system and to provide recommendations for processes to remove waste-stream phosphorous, equipment replacement, future waste to energy projects and grant opportunities. Future scope of work is expected to include design, bidding and construction phase services. The successful consultant will be selected based on their specific expertise as demonstrated in their response to this Request for Proposals (RFP). Consultants wishing to submit proposals shall include information as described herein.
Submittals may be mailed or submitted electronically.
If the submittal is mailed, it should be sent to:
City of Iowa City
410 East Washington Street
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
Mailed submittals should include three (3) hard copies of the submittal and a USB thumb drive, CD, or DVD containing one electronic (PDF) copy of the submittal. Mailed submittals must be sealed and clearly marked as: “Request for Proposals” for the Wastewater Treatment Facility Digester Complex Rehabilitation Project”.
If the submittal is delivered electronically, it should be delivered to the City’s website at www.icgov.org/DigesterComplexRFP .
Submittals delivered electronically must be complete and uploaded to the website in their entirety before 4:00 p.m. (CST) on May 21, 2021. Submittals delivered electronically should include one (1) electronic (PDF) copy of the submittal. No hard copies will be required if submitted electronically.
Faxed submittals will not be accepted. Late submittals will not be evaluated. The City may reject any or all submittals in its sole discretion.
Tentative consultant selection timeline is as follows:
- Submittals are due no later than 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on May 21, 2021.
- Evaluation of submittals and scoring of consultants approximately June, 2021.
- Interviews and final selection are anticipated to occur in July, 2021.
- Award of contract is anticipated to occur in August, 2021.
-  Drawings - Facility Improvements and Expansion
-  Drawings - South Pant Improvements
-  Drawings - Consolidation Project Vol 1 of 2
-  Drawings - Consolidation Project Vol 2 of 2
-  OM Manual - Consolidation Project
-  Project Manual - Consolidation Project
-  Tech Memo - Consolidation Project - Condition Assessment
-  Report - Nutrient Study
-  Drawings - Belt Filter Press and Pumps Replacement Project
-  Project Manual and Addenda - Belt Filter Press and Pumps Replacement Project
- [2020-02] Tech Memo - Wasteshed Analysis
- [2020-03] Tech Memo - Existing Facility Evaluation
- [2020-07] Tech Memo - Biogas Utilization Analysis
- [2020-12] Report - Biogas Utilization Feasibility