The City of Iowa City is currently updating a portion of its Southwest District Plan which guides future development for land south of Melrose Avenue, west of the Iowa River, and north of Highway 1, to the western edge of town. The Plan was first adopted in 2002, and the City is extending new infrastructure west of U.S. Highway 218. Its completion, anticipated in 2023, will allow development in the South Rohret Subarea. The City is in the process of updating the South Rohret concept, and relevant background information, to make sure it aligns with the policies, preferences, and circumstances of Iowa City today.
Community Engagement. The character and future of Iowa City is set by the vision and commitment of the people who live and work here. As the South Rohret Subarea concept is updated, the City wants to encourage all interested stakeholders to participate and share their ideas. To learn more about how to participate, contact the project team or share your thoughts throughout the update process.
- Join the Contact List
- Take the Questionnaire (hard copies available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stakeholder Meeting Summary
- Open House events: Anticipated in March
Documents and Resources
- Adopted Comprehensive Plan: www.icgov.org/compplan
- Adopted Southwest District Plan: www.icgov.org/districtplans