Current project work is focused on Iowa City's Downtown Pedestrian Mall, work has been completed on Washington Street.
The Pedestrian Mall Improvements Project is part of the larger Downtown and Pedestrian Mall Streetscape Plan. The project will improve accessibility, infrastructure and the look and feel of the area, featuring new amenities like lighting, plantings and accents that celebrate Iowa City's uniqueness and its cultural footprint in the area.
The second and final phase, located on College Street, from Clinton to Linn streets, is expected to be finished in fall 2019.
All businesses will reopen open and accessible. View the project's phasing sheets.
- Pedestrian Mall Improvements Final Open House Presentation - April 2018
- Pedestrian Mall Improvements Presentation - January 2018
- Pedestrian Mall Improvements Rendering - July 2017
- Pedestrian Mall Improvements Presentation - July 2017
- Pedestrian Mall Improvements Presentation - March 2017
- Questions and Responses from Information Gathering Meetings
For project updates follow the City of Iowa City on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe to receive e-mail at www.icgov.org/e-subscriptions. Select the 'Ped Mall Improvements Project' under the Construction and Housing listing.
For questions, contact Senior Civil Engineer Scott Sovers at email@example.com or 319-356-5142.