About the Project
American Legion Road from Scott Boulevard to Taft Avenue will be the focus of an upcoming project by the City of Iowa City. Planned improvements include intersection treatments and pavement reconstruction, as well as sidewalks, on street bike lanes, and a pedestrian underpass near Hoover Elementary School. The estimated cost for the project is approximately $9,000,000.
The City has hired Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC to perform preliminary and final design services.
- Design: November 2018-February 2020
- Property Acquisitions: Winter/Spring 2020
- Utility Relocations: Winter/Spring 2020
- Construction: April 2021 through Fall 2022
A virtual presentation was held on April 19, 2021, to outline the American Legion Road Improvements Project. For project updates, subscribe to the American Legion Road Improvement Project email list at www.icgov.org/subscribe.
- American Legion Project Summary
- Roundabout FAQs
- Oversized vehicles at roundabout
- Map (small file) |Map (large file)
- Typical Section
- Public Meeting Presentation (Dec. 19, 2019)
Scott Sovers, P.E., Senior Civil Engineer
City of Iowa City – Engineering Division
Aaron Moniza, P.E., Project Manager
Foth Infrastructure and Environment, LLC