Interested in learning how to reuse and upcycle stuff around the house? Check out our Upcycling Event Series.
The Upcycling Series offers several workshops exploring how to take ordinary household materials and give them a new purpose or use.
Events are on Wednesdays in February from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the East Side Recycling Education Center, 2401 Scott Blvd. SE:
- Feb. 6: Upcycled Bird Feeder Bottles
- Reduce plastic waste by upcycling a plastic bottle into a bird feeder for this winter season.
- Feb. 13: Upcycled Drink Coasters
- Get creative with old magazines and wine corks by upcycling them into one-of-a-kind, usable drink coasters.
- Feb. 20: Upcycling Wine Corks
- Upcycle old wine corks into jewelry, picture frame decor, drink coasters, and more! Come with creativity in mind.
- Feb. 27: Upcycling T-shirts
- Transform old t-shirts and fabric into beautiful reusable bags or kitchen aprons. Bring an old t-shirt to upcycle, or materials are provided.
These events are free to attend, but RSVP is required, as space is limited. Materials are provided, or feel free to bring your own. Activities are suitable for ages 12 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
To RSVP, contact Rachel Oswald at 319-339-5399 or email@example.com.