Beginning at 5:45 a.m. on Thursday, July 26 through close of business on Saturday, July 28, 2018, all Iowa City Transit and Coralville Transit buses will use the alternate interchange located at the 100 block of Court Street, adjacent to the Court Street Transportation Center, 150 E. Court St.
Transit will operate free of charge all day on Friday, July 27. Stops that are closed due to RAGBRAI will be signed and in place on Friday. Normal service will resume Monday, July 30.
Route changes and detours are listed below:
- Iowa City Transit will provide free shuttle service on Friday, July 27 from City Park, Mercer Park, and Napoleon Park to Downtown. Shuttle service from these locations will begin at 11 a.m. and continue until midnight.
- Buses will not travel on Gilbert Street beginning on Friday, July 27. Customers who normally catch the Lakeside, Broadway, and Cross Park buses at stops along Gilbert Street will need to catch these routes at either the alternate interchange on Court Street or at the stop located at Kirkwood Avenue and Gilbert Street adjacent to Aero Rental (stop 7013) to travel outbound, or the stop located at Kirkwood Avenue and Gilbert Street (stop 7750) to travel inbound. These routes will still service Shelter House, Waterfront Hy-Vee, the Johnson County Department of Human Services and Pepperwood Plaza during RAGBRAI.
- Customers traveling to the Peninsula neighborhood on Friday will need to board the Manville Heights bus at the alternate interchange at Court Street only. The Manville Heights routes will not serve any outbound or inbound bus stops between downtown Iowa City and Foster Road.Instead, the Manville Heights route will bypass Dubuque Street and will go from the alternate interchange on Court Street directly to I-80 via Governor Street. From I-80, the Peninsula shuttle will access N. Dubuque Street using exit 244 and will go into service on Foster Road, and will service bus stops as close to the normal schedule as possible. The Manville Heights route will then return to the downtown interchange via the same route and will use N.Dodge Street to Burlington Street to return to the alternate interchange on Court Street.
- Bus routes will use Burlington Street, Riverside Drive, Dodge Street and Governor Street only to travel to and from the alternate interchange on Court Street. Bus stops on Clinton Street, Iowa Avenue, Gilbert Street, Madison Street, Jefferson Street west of Governor Street and Market Street west of Dodge Street will not be serviced.
- A full listing of Friday, July 27 closed bus stops is online.
For more information, call the Iowa City Transit Customer Service line at 319-356-5151. View a full list of road closures and route maps for Iowa City RAGBRAI.