The City has announced several transit detours on Saturday, October 2, 2021, due to both the Kickoff 2 Kinnick race, and the Northside Oktoberfest.
Riders should use the Transit App to get real-time updates on transit changes.
- The inbound 7 - North Dodge and 11 - Rochester bus routes will detour using Gilbert Street to Burlington Street to Clinton Street on Saturday due to the closure of Market Street between Gilbert Street and Linn Street for the Oktoberfest event.
- The inbound bus stops located at Market Street and Linn Street (stop 7206), Market Street, and Clinton Street – Old Brick (stop 8218), Madison Street – IMU (stop 7332) and Clinton Street and Jefferson Street (stop 7207) will be closed for the duration of the service day on Saturday.
- Customers who normally use these stops can use the inbound stop located at Mercy Hospital (stop 7443) as an alternate. Normal service will resume on Monday, October 4, 2021.
Kickoff to Kinnick Race
- Effective from 5:45 a.m. until approximately noon Saturday, Iowa City Transit routes will detour due to the Kickoff 2 Kinnick race event.
- The 12 - Highway 1, 10 - West Iowa City and 8 - Oakcrest bus routes will use the home football game detour routes due to the road closures in place for the event.
- Iowa City Transit will not service the UIHC campus, Melrose Avenue, Hawkins Drive, or Newton Road on Saturday from 5:45 a.m. until approximately noon.
- Customers needing to access the UIHC campus prior to noon should use the bus stop located at Benton Street, and Streb Street (stop #8125) while using either the 10 - West Iowa City or 8 - Oakcrest bus routes.
- Normal service will resume once all runners have cleared the course and streets and intersections reopen to normal traffic.
Iowa City Pride
Transit detours will take effect due to road closures for Iowa City Pride on Friday, October 1, and Saturday, October 2, 2021. At 2:30 p.m. Friday, October 1, 2021, Iowa City Transit will make the following operational changes due to street closures for the Pride Fest:
- The affected bus routes are the outbound 1 - Southside Shuttle (Friday only), outbound 2 - Court Street, outbound 9 - Towncrest, and the outbound 1 - South Iowa City routes. These routes will detour using Clinton Street to Burlington Street instead of traveling eastbound on Washington Street.
- The inbound trips of these bus routes will not be affected.
- The bus stops located at Washington Street and Linn Street (#7200) and at Washington Street, across from City Hall on Washington (#7456), and Gilbert Street (#7201) will not be serviced during the events. Normal service will resume on Monday, October 4, 2021.