Changes are coming to the Iowa City Transit system this summer, so make sure to attend our virtual presentation to learn more about what we're rolling out soon!
A public presentation about the proposed transit system changes recommended from the Iowa City Area Transit Study will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 29, 2021. The presentation will take place via Zoom, and will be streamed live on City Channel 4's Facebook page, YouTube channel, and website.
Presenters will discuss the proposed changes and the timeline for implementation, and City staff will be available to answer questions from Zoom participants following the presentation.
More detailed information on the proposed route and service changes are posted at the Iowa City Area Transit Study website. Proposed changes include:
- New or modified transit routes and schedules
- Simplified routes – same route weekdays, nights, and weekends
- Faster, more direct service with improved on-time performance
- More bus service mid-day and on Saturdays
- Some bus stop consolidation
- Two-year pilot of Sunday service (coming late 2021/early 2022)
- Improved access to shopping or commercial areas
- All passes accepted on Iowa City Transit and Coralville Transit
- Transfers allowed at any bus stop
- 50% youth fare discount, and free fare for those 65+
How to join the virtual presentation
- How to participate via Zoom
- Meeting ID: 961 6186 0502
- Zoom phone: 312-626-6799
- How to watch via City Channel 4
If you will need disability-related accommodations in order to participate in this event, please contact Transportation Director Darian Nagle-Gamm at 319-356-5156, or email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.