Tickets for the Sunday, Sept. 17, 2071, Telenet UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup men’s and women’s race in Iowa City are on sale at several locations.
The Telenet UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup races in Iowa City will feature the best men’s and women’s cyclo-cross athletes from around the world. The women’s race will take place at 2 p.m., and the men’s race will take place at 3:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 and are available at the following locations during regular business hours:
- Geoff’s Bike & Ski, 816 S. Gilbert St., Iowa City
- World of Bikes, 723 S. Gilbert St., Iowa City
- Sugar Bottom Bikes, 325 N. Dubuque St., North Liberty
- Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau Coralville office, 900 First Ave., Coralville
- Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau Iowa City office, located inside Merge, 136 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City
- Scheels, (beginning Thursday, Aug. 3) located inside Coral Ridge Mall, 1461 Coral Ridge Ave., Coralville
Admission to Sunday’s races is free for Iowa Hawkeye football fans who present their ticket stub from the Saturday, Sept. 16, game versus North Texas.
The Telenet UCI World Cup races on Sunday, Sept. 17 are one part of a three-day cyclo-cross festival at the Johnson County Fairgrounds. Amateur racing begins at 11:15 a.m., Friday, Sept. 15, and continues through the pro women’s and men’s races under the Musco lights at 7:15 and 8:30 p.m., respectively. The race schedule begins again at 8 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 16, and continues throughout the day, concluding with the pro women’s and men’s races under the Musco lights at 7:30 and 8:45 p.m., respectively.
All Friday and Saturday events are free.
Iowa City is hosting the Telenet UCI World Cup cyclo-cross races for the second consecutive year. Other cities on the 2017-18 World Cup tour include Waterloo, Wisconsin; Koksijde, Belgium; Bogense, Denmark; Zeven, Germany; Namur, Belgium; Heusden-Zolder, Belgium; Nommay, France; and Hoogerheide, Netherlands.
For more information and a complete schedule, visit www.jinglecross2.com/index.php/activities/spectator-guide.