City of Iowa City administrative offices at City Hall, 410 E. Washington St., are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, additional closures and changes to schedules have been updated.
Administrative offices at City Hall and other facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27, 2020, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Online payments and a drop box for utility payments will remain available in the lobby at City Hall.
Curbside garbage, recycling, and organic waste will not be collected on Thanksgiving Day, but will be collected on Friday. Detailed schedule changes and other office closures are below:
Airport: Office closed both days.
- Jet Air available 7 a.m.- 7 p.m. on Thursday. Regular hours on Friday
- After hours callout (for a fee)
- 24 hour self service available
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed both days; open again Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020, with access limited to appointments only due to COVID-19.
Cemetery: Office closed both days.
- Artificial wreaths and flowers, or other decorations may be placed on graves for the holidays.
- These materials will remain in place through February. If not claimed, they will be removed.
Landfill and Recycling Center: Closed Thursday. Open regular hours Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Library: Closing at 5 p.m. Wednesday; closed Thursday; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. Access limited due to COVID-19.
ICPL Bookmobile: The Bookmobile has been temporarily shutdown for the season due to COVID-19.
Parking: Office closed both days; reopens Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.
- Ramps and meters will not be enforced on Thursday.
- Normal enforcement Friday.
- Ramps will be free on Saturday for Small Business Saturday. Meters will be enforced.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices closed both days. All facilities closed due to COVID-19 protocol. No lap swim at Mercer Aquatics Center Nov.26-29. For more information, visit icgov.org/parksandrec.
Police: Administration and Records offices closed. Patrol and station masters will be on duty.
Refuse, Recycling, and Organics: No curbside collection on Thursday. Normal operations Friday.
- Residents on Thursday and Friday routes: have materials to the curb by 7 a.m. Friday.
- Reduce holiday waste: compost at the curb. More: www.icgov.org/ThanksgivingTips2020.
Senior Center: Closed to the public due to COVID-19.
Transit: No service Thursday. Saturday schedules in place until 7 p.m. Friday/Saturday at no cost to riders.
- No Downtown Shuttle service Monday, Nov. 23- Friday, Nov. 27 due to UI Thanksgiving break.
Water: Closed both days. For a water emergency, call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
City offices and operations will return to normal schedules on Monday, Nov. 30. Due to COVID-19, City Hall and offices are closed to the public, but staff are available by phone, email or through online services.