City of Iowa City administrative offices and other facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25, and Friday, Nov. 26, 2021, in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
Please note that trash, yard waste, and recycling will NOT be collected on Thanksgiving Day, but will be collected on Friday. Detailed schedule changes and other office closures are below.
Other office closures and schedules for the holiday include:
Airport: Office closed both days.
- Jet Air available 7 a.m.- 7 p.m. on Thursday. Regular hours on Friday
- After hours callout (for a fee)
- 24-hour self-service available
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed both days; open again Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021.
Cemetery: Office closed both days.
- Artificial wreaths and flowers, or other decorations may be placed on graves for the holidays.
- These materials will remain in place through February. If not claimed, they will be removed.
Landfill and Recycling Center: Closed Thursday. Open regular hours Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Library: Closing at 5 p.m. Wednesday; closed Thursday; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday.
ICPL Bookmobile: Not in service.
Parking: Office closed both days; reopens Monday, Nov. 29, 2021.
- Ramps and meters will not be enforced on Thursday or Friday.
- Ramps will be free on Saturday for Small Business Saturday. Meters will be enforced.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices closed both days. All facilities closed Thursday.
- Robert A. Lee Recreation Center will be open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and the pool from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday. Open 6:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the pool from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Normal hours on Sunday.
- Mercer Park Aquatic Center will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Mercer Pool remains closed for renovations.
- For more information, visit icgov.org/parksandrec.
Police: Administration and Records offices closed. Patrol and station masters will be on duty.
Refuse, Recycling, and Organics: No curbside collection on Thursday. Normal operations Friday.
- Residents on Thursday and Friday routes: have materials to the curb by 7 a.m. Friday.
- Reduce holiday waste: compost at the curb. More: icgov.org/ThanksgivingTips2021.
Senior Center: Closed both days.
Transit: No service Thursday. Saturday schedules in place Friday/Saturday at no cost to riders.
- No Downtown Shuttle service Monday, Nov. 22- Friday, Nov. 26 due to UI Thanksgiving break.
Water: Closed both days. For a water emergency, call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
City offices and operations will return to normal schedules on Monday, Nov. 29.