Just in time for your holiday shopping needs, parking ramps throughout Downtown Iowa City will be free on Small Business, Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. Or enjoy free service on Iowa City Transit Nov. 25 and 26!
The free ramp parking and transit will be in place so Iowa City residents can take the time to support the small, locally-owned businesses that help keep our economy running and our City vibrant.
Below are the parking and transit changes that will be in place during the holiday weekend.
Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022 — (Thanksgiving Day)
- Free parking in ramps and free metered parking
- No transit service operating
Friday, Nov. 25, 2022 — (Black Friday and Hawkeye gameday)
- Normal enforcement in ramps and metered parking
- Free transit services, running on Saturday football schedule
Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022 — (Small Business Saturday)
- Free parking in ramps
- Normal enforcement for on-street metered parking
- Free transit services
The City has six convenient parking ramps, all with electric vehicle charging stations. Details at icgov.org/parking.
- Dubuque Street Ramp, 220 S. Dubuque St.
- Capitol Street Ramp, 220 S. Capitol St.
- Tower Place Ramp, 335 Iowa Avenue
- Chauncey Swan Ramp, 415 E. Washington St.
- Court Street Transportation Center, 150 E. Court St.
- Harrison Street Parking Ramp, 175 E. Harrison St.
More details can be found at icgov.org/ParkingOptions. People are also encouraged to download the ParkMobile app to their smartphone to pay for metered parking and extend time from their mobile devices.
Small Businesses Saturday
Black Friday and Small Business Saturday mark the beginning of the holiday season for many, and the Iowa City Downtown District has many safe and fun holiday events in store for Iowa City. From Santa Saturdays that feature outdoor, to the Holiday Pop Up Shops, check out a full list of their holiday events at their website.
For more information about Small Business Saturday — and other holiday celebrations happening in Downtown Iowa City — visit downtowniowacity.com.