The Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department will offer you and your family a variety of outdoor recreational activities this coming season.
Registration for these summer programs will begin at 8 a.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Programs include STEAM classes, wilderness programs, youth sports, and swim lessons.
Participants are encouraged to enroll online. In-person registration will be held at Mercer Park Aquatic Center, 2701 Bradford Drive, Monday- Friday 6:15 a.m. - 8:45 p.m. The Robert A. Lee Recreation Center is currently closed and will not be accepting any in-person registrations.
The summer recreation guide will be released in a digital format on Monday, April 19, and can be viewed at www.icgov.org/activityregistration.
How to register
- Online registration: Visit www.icgov.org/activityregistration or click on the "online registration" button at www.icgov.org/pr.
- In-person registration: Visit the Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym to register in person.
COVID program guidelines
The following precautions when conducting programs.
- Program size will be limited.
- The program format will be instructional-based to allow for social distancing.
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to each program.
- Participants and instructors will have temperatures taken prior to each program.
- Instructors and participants are required to wear masks.
To keep up with all the Iowa City Parks and Recreation news and announcements, follow us on Facebook.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Customer Service Desk at 319-356-5100.