During the summer of 2015, Linda Wastyn and Associates conducted a series of focus groups and surveys to gauge the interest of Center members in contributing to The Center beyond a Center membership, and to identify areas of pride that could assist in future marketing efforts. The information collected is being used to develop strategic marketing and fundraising plans for 2016 and beyond.
Thank you to everyone who took part in a focus group and/or replied to our survey. The information provided has been helpful in developing plans for the future.
A few survey highlights:
- When survey respondents were asked how The Center made them feel or changed their lives, “staying active” and “mental and intellectual stimulation” topped the list, with the latter as the most important single reason they joined.
- The words that rose to the top of the list as accurate descriptors of The Center included “educational,” “quality,” “open to all seniors,” “safe,” “active,” “clean,” “helpful” and “seniors helping seniors.”
- One-time courses most often drew individuals to become members of The Center, followed by exercise classes and equipment and one-time lectures.
- Nearly two-thirds of members who responded to a question about charitable donations indicated a willingness to make a gift in support of The Center. Allowing The Center to continue its good work and providing these services for future generations topped the list of reasons they would make a gift.
- All respondents overwhelmingly believe that they receive more or much more value for their membership than they pay.
Additionally, a printed copy of the complete survey results is available at the Senior Center reception desk in the main lobby.