The Iowa City Human Rights Commission is seeking nominations for its 34th annual Human Rights Awards.
Individuals, businesses, or organizations whose ongoing work, service, or contributions have positively impacted Human Rights either locally or abroad may be nominated in the following categories:
- Isabel Turner Award: For working for the rights of individuals to get fair and ethical treatment and/or volunteering time to an organization or business that works for these rights.
- Rick Graf Award: For long-term commitment of an individual, business, or individual with a service organization, to a specific cause or for the benefit of a specific group of persons.
- Linda Severson Award: For outstanding contributions to human rights by an individual in a service organization.
- International Award: For significant contributions to human rights in the global community.
- Bill Reagan Business/Community Award: For outstanding contributions to human rights by a business or organization.
- Kenneth Cmiel Award: For active contributions to the field of human rights by a college or graduate student.
Nominations can be submitted online at icgov.org/HumanRightsNominationForm. To print a nomination form, visit icgov.org/HumanRightsForms. Forms can also be submitted by fax at 319-887-6213, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed/delivered to:
Iowa City Human Rights Commission
Attn: Human Rights Nomination
410 E. Washington Street
Iowa City, IA 52240.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, September 29, 2017.
Awards will be presented at the 34th Annual Human Rights Awards Breakfast on Wednesday, Oct. 25 beginning at 7:15 a.m. in the Second Floor Ballroom of the University of Iowa Memorial Union, 125 N. Madison St., Iowa City.
Breakfast tickets are available now at an early bird rate of $20 per ticket, and can be purchased online at 34thawardsbreakfast.eventbrite.com.
For more information, contact Equity Director Stefanie Bowers, at 319-356-5022, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.