Several downtown streets will close and street parking will be limited on Saturday, June 24, 2017, for the Iowa City Downtown District’s Downtown Block Party.
The event will run from 5 to 11 p.m. and span seven downtown blocks and the pedestrian mall.
The City of Iowa City will offer free parking in the ramps all day Saturday, June 24 until 10:30 a.m., Sunday, June 25.
Street closures and parking restrictions
Street access and parking will be limited in the following areas beginning at 5 a.m. Saturday until early Sunday morning:
- Iowa Ave. South from Clinton St. to Linn St., no parking
- Dubuque St. from Iowa Ave. to Washington St., closed and no parking
- Washington St. from Clinton St. to Linn St., closed and no parking
- Linn St. from Iowa Ave. to the Iowa Public Library, closed and no parking
- U.S. Bank parking lot will close Saturday at noon until Sunday morning
- Alley access will be closed within the Block Party boundaries
See the included Block Party map below for reference.
Impacted bus routes
Starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Transit will detour outbound Court Hill, and the outbound Saturday Towncrest bus routes. Inbound will not be affected.
Bus stops located at Washington St. and Linn Street (#7200) and Gilbert St. (#7201) will not be serviced Saturday. Customers should instead use the interchange at Clinton St. and Washington St.
Additional event information
Attendees who are 21+ are allowed to drink beer and wine in designated areas, using pre-purchased cups throughout the festival area. This event is for all ages and includes outdoor games, music and shows. To learn more and purchase tickets, visit downtowniowacity.com.