Burlington Street from Summit Street to Muscatine Avenue will be closed for about an hour starting at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2020, while City crews remove tree debris.
Following this work, crews will begin debris cleanup on Dodge and Governor streets. These one-way streets will remain open to traffic, but expect delays as crews work to clear debris and reduce traffic to one-way.
The closure will speed up the clearing process, and help keep crews safe.
Travelers should seek alternate routes during this time, and potentially expect travel delays in the area.
Crews will also be working on Dodge and Governor streets Wednesday morning, but neither roads will be closed. There may be some travel delays on these streets.
Final pass of storm debris cleanup
Starting Monday, Aug. 31, 2020, City crews will begin their final round of storm debris removal throughout City streets. Expect further notices for street closures around Iowa City.
Reminders for storm debris cleanup:
- Do not park in front of uncollected storm debris, as crews will be unable to clear these areas.
- Do not wait to get debris to the curb; debris should be placed as soon as possible.
- Small piles of twigs and branches left at the curb may not be picked up by City crews. Please place these items into your yellow-lid organics cart, paper yard waste bags, or other containers 20-35 gallons in size that weigh less than 50 pounds.
- To report any felled trees on sidewalks, right of ways, or streets, please use the icgov.org/ICgovExpress online reporting service, or call Streets at 319-356-5181.
- To receive curbside service alerts to your email, signup for alerts at icgov.org/e-subscriptions.
All storm cleanup information can be found at icgov.org/StormRecovery.