The Iowa City Human Rights Commission is seeking nominations for its 37th Annual Human Rights Awards. Due to COVID-19, an in-person event will not be held. Instead, honorees will be announced by news release and via City social media platforms.
Individuals, businesses, or organizations whose ongoing work, service, or contributions have positively impacted Human Rights either locally or abroad may be nominated in the following categories:
- The Isabel Turner Award: For working for the rights of individuals to get fair and ethical treatment and/or volunteering time to an organization or business that works for these.
- Rick Graf Award: For long-term commitment of an individual, business, or individual with a service organization, to a specific cause or for the benefit of a specific group of persons.
- Linda Severson Award: For outstanding contributions to human rights by an individual in a service organization.
- International Award: For significant contributions to human rights in the global community.
- Bill Reagan Business/Community Award: For outstanding contributions to human rights by a business or organization.
- Kenneth Cmiel Award: For active contributions to the field of human rights by a college or graduate student.
How to submit a nomination
All nominations must be submitted online using this link. Nominations are open thru Friday, Oct. 16, 2020.