Effective Thursday, July 1, 2021, the Senior Center will reopen to the public after 16 months of being closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The public and members will again be able to conduct in-person business and utilize fitness rooms and social spaces.
The Center closed to the public on March 18, 2020, after the Governor declared a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency. At that time, Senior Center staff pivoted to maintain quality programming virtually via Zoom.
Here are a few helpful reminders for those returning to The Center to do business:
- The Center hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Effective Monday, June 28, 2021, the top 2-3 levels of the Tower Place Parking Ramp have been closed for repairs. Access to the Senior Center skywalk on the third level is temporarily unavailable and will be reestablished as soon as the project allows. Patrons can access The Center using the pedestrian ramp entrance in the Linn Street alley (on the north side of the building) or the Washington Street entrance.
- Masks highly recommended due to the varied health status of many of our patronage but not required. Free face masks will be available at the front desk and other locations.
- Programming will continue to be offered virtually, at outdoor locations as well as our location at 28 S. Linn St. Visit The Center's website for programming.
- Patrons are encouraged to keep all of their items with you at all times.
- Please show respect for those who wish to wear masks and/or continue to follow social distancing protocols.
- Please be mindful of changes to the building while navigating as we have changed the numbering and names of floors to improve navigation.
- Please subscribe to our email list for more updates on programming and events.
For more information, please contact us at 319-356-5220 or email email@example.com.