MidWestOne Bank's Rock the Chalk community art festival will fill the streets of Downtown Iowa City with beautiful chalk drawings on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. Events begin at 10 a.m. with live music starting at noon. It will conclude at 9 p.m.
The following streets will close beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Friday:
- Clinton Street from MidWestOne Bank, 102 S. Clinton St., to Jefferson Street.
- 100 block of Washington Street between Dubuque and Clinton Streets.
- Northbound Clinton Street from Joseph's Steakhouse to Washington Street. (The southbound lane will remain open.)
Starting at 6 a.m. Friday, the bus interchange will move from Washington and Clinton Street to a temporary location on Court Street between Clinton and Dubuque (adjacent to the Court Street Transportation Center) until the service day is concluded. Normal bus service utilizing the main transit interchange will resume on Saturday, August 10, 2019.
Outbound bus stops closed
- Washington Street & Linn Street (stop 7200)
- Washington Street and Gilbert Street (stop 7201)
- Clinton Street & Jefferson Street (stop 7400)
- Jefferson Street & Linn Street (stop 7401)
- Washington Street and Madison Street (stop 7082)
Inbound bus stops closed
- Madison Street & Washington Street (stop 7081)
- UI Lindquist Center (stop 7079)
- Market Street & Linn Street (stop 7206)
- Clinton Street & Jefferson Street (stop 7207)
- IC Recreation Center (stop 7243)
- Burlington Street & Dubuque Street (stop 7244)
Customers who use these stops should catch their buses at the alternate interchange on Court Street. These stops will reopen on Saturday, August 10, 2019.