MidWestOne Bank's third annual Rock the Chalk community art festival will fill the streets of Downtown Iowa City with beautiful chalk drawings on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018. Events begin at 10 a.m. and with live music starting at noon. It will conclude at 8:30 p.m.
The following streets will close beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Friday:
- Clinton Street from MidWest One Bank, 102 S. Clinton St., to Jefferson Street.
- 100 block of Washington Street between Dubuque and Clinton streets.
- 100 block of Iowa Avenue will close at 3 p.m. for the Friday Night Concert Series.
The bus interchange at the intersection of Clinton and Washington Streets will be temporarily relocated to the Court Street Transportation Center, 150 E. Court St., beginning at 6 a.m., Friday.
Normal schedules will be in place with the following detour and stop closures:
Outbound bus stops:
- Washington Street & Linn Street (stop 7200)
- Washington Street & Gilbert Street (stop 7201)
- Clinton Street & Jefferson Street (stop 7400)
- Jefferson Street & Linn Street (stop 7401)
- Washington Street & Madison Street (stop 7082)
- UI Main Library (stop 7080)
Inbound bus stops:
- Madison Street & Washington Street (stop 7081)
- UI Lindquist Center (stop 7079)
- Market Street & Linn Street (stop 7206)
- Clinton Street & Jefferson Street (stop 7207)
- Robert A. Lee Recreation Center (stop 7243)
- Burlington Street & Dubuque Street (stop 7244)
Normal schedules will return Saturday. For route and stop questions, contact Iowa City Transit at 319-356-5151.