Several downtown roads will close Sunday, April 30, 2017 for the 40th annual Old Capitol Criterium.
The bike races loop around the historic Old Capitol using Washington Street, Madison Street, Jefferson Street, Clinton Street, Iowa Avenue, Dubuque Street and connects again on Washington Street. Races begin at 9:30 a.m. and finish in the afternoon around 4 p.m.
Several downtown roads will close or limit traffic starting at 2 a.m, but should reopen by 5 p.m.
- Clinton Street from Jefferson to Washington Streets
(southbound to eastbound traffic will be permitted at the intersection of Jefferson and Clinton)
- Iowa Avenue from Clinton to Dubuque Streets
- Dubuque Street from Iowa Avenue to Washington Street
(southbound to eastbound and westbound to northbound traffic will be permitted at the intersection of Dubuque Street and Iowa Avenue)
- Washington Street from Dubuque to Madison Streets
- Madison Street from Washington Street to Iowa Avenue
- Northbound traffic on Madison Street from Iowa Avenue to Jefferson Street
(southbound will have one lane available)
- Jefferson Street from Madison Street to Clinton Street
Street parking will be prohibited on the listed above blocks starting at 2 a.m.
- Vehicles parked overnight will be towed
- On-street parking will remain available on all other downtown blocks
- Ramp parking will remain open and accessible
Designated pedestrian crossings with course marshals will be marked and must be used at major downtown intersections.
For more information on the criterium and route visit oldcapitolcriterium.com.