Three Iowa City Area Transit Study Open House events will be held in Iowa City and Coralville this week.
The events are being held to present the public with possible changes to the Iowa City area transit system, including Iowa City transit, Coralville transit, and the University of Iowa's Cambus.
Multiple different scenarios for a redesigned transit system will be reviewed, and the public will have an opportunity to weigh in on which scenario or proposed transit system changes they prefer. The public feedback will help determine a preferred transit system service design for the future.
Iowa City – Iowa City Public Library Meeting Room A, 123 S. Linn St., Iowa City
- 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020.
- Free on-demand transportation will be provided to get participants home from the event every half-hour during the open house.
University of Iowa – Iowa Memorial Union #335 Divine Nine Room, 125 N. Madison St., Iowa City
- 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020.
- Free Iowa City Transit shuttles between Downtown Transit Interchange and IMU from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m.
Coralville – City Hall Council Chambers, 1512 7th St., Coralville
- 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020.
For those who cannot attend the meetings, a detailed survey with the possible transit changes has been made. The community can take the survey online.
The City has also translated information about the study and the meetings into various languages.
- Arabic Transit Study flyer
- Chinese Transit Study flyer
- French Transit Study flyer
- Spanish Transit Study flyer
- Swahili Transit Study flyer
For more information about the study, visit icgov.org/TransitStudy.