Green your thumb, improve wellness, and beautify your garden with the Low-Maintenance Vegetable Gardening series presented by the Iowa City Parks & Recreation Department and Backyard Abundance. Participants will take home all the knowledge, seeds, publications, and inspiring ideas needed to successfully grow vegetables and herbs in a personal garden.
The Low-Maintenance Vegetable Gardening series takes place on Saturdays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Edible Classroom at the Robert A. Lee Recreation Center, 220 S. Gilbert St.
Register for one or many of the following classes:
- March 9: Bed Placement and Layout (11242)
- April 6: Seed Starting (11243)
- May 11: Bed Preparation and Planting (11244)
- May 18: Gardening for Health and Fun (11245)
- June 8: Container Gardening (11246)
- July 13: Eat your Greens (11247)
- Aug. 10: Composting and Fertilizing (11248)
- All seven classes (11241)
Individual classes are $22 per class or $115 for all seven classes. Register at icgov.org/activityregistration.
Questions? Contact Joyce Carroll at 319-356-5223.