The following roads will be closed to thru traffic while City crews remove tree debris:
- During the afternoon of Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2020, Prairie du Chien Road from Dodge Street to Foster Road will be closed to thru traffic.
- On Thursday, Aug. 20, 2020, Friendship Street from First Avenue to Court Street will be closed to thru traffic.
These closures will speed up the clearing process, and help keep crews safe.
Work on Prairie Du Chien should conclude Wednesday, while work on Friendship Street could finish by end of day Thursday.
Travelers should seek alternate routes during this time. Expect further notices for streets around Iowa City.
Closure signs will be removed at the end of the each day, and will go back up when work begins the following morning. Residents will have access to their homes throughout this process.
Reminders for storm debris cleanup:
- Do not park in front of uncollected storm debris, as crews will be unable to clear these areas.
- Do not wait to get debris to the curb; debris should be placed as soon as possible.
- Small piles of twigs and branches left at the curb may not be picked up by City crews. Please place these items into your yellow-lid organics cart, paper yard waste bags, or other containers 20-35 gallons in size that weigh less than 50 pounds.
- To report any felled trees on sidewalks, right of ways, or streets, please use the icgov.org/ICgovExpress online reporting service, or call Streets at 319-356-5181.
To receive curbside service alerts to your email, signup for alerts at icgov.org/e-subscriptions.
All storm cleanup information can be found at icgov.org/StormRecovery.