Weather permitting, beginning Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017 Court Street will be closed to through traffic between Muscatine and Fairview avenues. Access will be maintained to all residences. This closure is necessary for pavement repair in the area. It is anticipated that Court Street will reopen to normal traffic by early evening on Friday, Aug. 18.
Transit will need to detour its Court Hill and Eastside Express Routes during the repairs.
The outbound detour will take Burlington Street, to Governor Street, to College Street, to Seventh Avenue, to Court Street. The inbound detour will use Court Street, to Seventh Avenue, to College Street, to Dodge Street, to Burlington Street.
The following stops are not being serviced during the detour:
- 7247: Burlington and Summit, outbound
- 7249: Burlington and Muscatine, outbound
- 7301: Court and Muscatine, outbound
- 7302: Court and Muscatine, inbound
- 7250: Muscatine and Burlington, inbound*
- 7248: Burlington and Summit, inbound*
- 7246: Burlington and Lucas, inbound*
*These inbound stops are still being serviced by the Towncrest Route
Drivers should take note of this closure and take an alternate route. As always, be cautious when driving through a construction area.