The City of Iowa City’s is seeking nominations for its annual Human Rights Awards. Individuals, businesses, or organizations whose ongoing work, service, or contributions have positively impacted Human Rights either locally or abroad may be nominated in the following categories:
- Isabel Turner Award: for working for the rights of individuals to get fair and ethical treatment and/or volunteering time to an organization or business that works for these rights;
- Rick Graf Award: for long-term commitment of an individual, business, or individual with a service organization, to a specific cause or for the benefit of a specific group of persons;
- Linda Severson Award: for outstanding contributions to human rights by an individual in a service organization;
- International Award: for significant contributions to human rights in the global community;
- Bill Reagan Business/Community Award: for outstanding contributions to human rights by a business or organization;
- Kenneth Cmiel Award: for active contributions to the field of human rights by a college student and/or graduate student
This year, nominations can be submitted online at www.icgov.org/HumanRightsNominationForm. For a printed nomination form, visit www.icgov.org/HumanRightsForms. Forms can also be submitted by fax at 319-887-6213, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed or delivered to: Iowa City Human Rights Commission, Attn: Human Rights Coordinator, 410 E. Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52240. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
Awards will be presented at the 33rd Annual Human Rights Awards Breakfast on Wednesday, Oct. 26 beginning at 7:15 a.m. in the Second Floor Ballroom of the University of Iowa Memorial Union at 125 N. Madison Street in Iowa City.
For more information, contact Stefanie Bowers, Iowa City Human Rights Coordinator, at 319-356-5022 or e-mail email@example.com.