Muscatine Avenue from Scott Boulevard to William Street will be closed to thru traffic while City crews remove tree debris.
Work in the area should conclude by 4 p.m. Tuesday. This closure will speed up the clearing process, and help keep crews safe.
Travelers should seek alternate routes during this time. Residents will have access to their homes throughout this process.
Starting Monday, Aug. 31, 2020, City crews will begin their second round of storm debris removal throughout City streets. Expect further notices for street closures around Iowa City.
Reminders for storm debris cleanup:
- Do not park in front of uncollected storm debris, as crews will be unable to clear these areas.
- Do not wait to get debris to the curb; debris should be placed as soon as possible.
- Small piles of twigs and branches left at the curb may not be picked up by City crews. Please place these items into your yellow-lid organics cart, paper yard waste bags, or other containers 20-35 gallons in size that weigh less than 50 pounds.
- To report any felled trees on sidewalks, right of ways, or streets, please use the icgov.org/ICgovExpress online reporting service, or call Streets at 319-356-5181.
- To receive curbside service alerts to your email, signup for alerts at icgov.org/e-subscriptions.
All storm cleanup information can be found at icgov.org/StormRecovery.