It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, as Iowa City Mayor Jim Throgmorton will discover today while on his third Mayor's Walk. The walks, which began in April and will run through the summer, give the Mayor an opportunity to meet with Iowa City residents to learn more about the City from the people he serves.
The walk scheduled today (Wednesday, June 29, 2016) will begin at the temporary Transit Hub at Court and S. Dubuque Streets, where the Mayor will ride the 4:15 p.m. Manville Heights bus to the Peninsula area on the north side of the City. From there, the walk will follow this route:
- east on Walker Circle to Swisher Street
- north on Swisher Street to Foster Road
- east on Foster Road to Mackinaw Drive
- north on Mackinaw Drive to Arch Rock Road
- east on Arch Rock Road to Algonquin Road
- south on Algonquin Road to Foster Road, and
- Foster Road to Laura Drive.
On the last leg of his walk, he will head north along Laura Drive to the Forest View Trailer Court, where he and another member of the City Council will participate in a Listening Post with interested residents from 6 to 8 p.m. Iowa City residents are encouraged to stop by to discuss community topics and concerns.