The Market Music line-up for July will bring many favorite local performers to the Downtown Iowa City Farmers Markets. Stop by the Wednesday evening and Saturday morning markets each week at Chauncey Swan Parking Ramp in the 400-block of Washington Street (across from City Hall) for fresh foods, homemade baked goods and other items, and great live music by some of the area’s best musicians. Market Music is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays and 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturdays.
The musical line-up for July is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 1: Dave Moore
- Saturday, July 4: Kalimbaman with Scotty Hayward
- Wednesday, July 8: David Zollo
- Saturday, July 11: The Tornadoes
- Wednesday, July 15: Pennies on the Rail
- Saturday, July 18: Bluestem Trio
- Wednesday, July 22: The Awful Purdies
- Saturday, July 25: Ryne Doughty
- Wednesday, July 29: Lew Knudson
Hours for the Iowa City Farmers Markets are: Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. at Mercer Park, 1317 Dover Street; Wednesdays from 5 to 7 p.m. at Chauncey Swan Ramp; and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to noon at Chauncey Swan.
Market Music is co-sponsored by the Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department and the University of Iowa Community Credit Union.