This February, the Love Food, Fight Waste program is delving into the topic of composting!
While preventing food waste from forming is the top priority, composting is a great option for all the non-edible food parts, such as banana peels and coffee grounds. Visit www.icgov.org/lovefood for answers to these common composting questions:
- What is composting?
- What is organic material?
- What can be composted at our local Compost Facility?
- Who can compost at our local Compost Facility?
- Where is our local Compost Facility?
- How does our local Compost Facility make compost?
- How can I compost at home?
Get your answers and access to more Love Food, Fight Waste content at www.icgov.org/lovefood. The Love Food, Fight Waste program is a collaboration between Table to Table and the City of Iowa City.