Iowa City’s Streets Division is anticipating that leaf crews will be able to get to one or one and a half zones each day for the first few weeks of the program.
Crews will not go back for missed piles of leaves. Make sure your leaves are accessible to crews and free of parked cars. To guarantee pick up, have all of your leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day your zone is scheduled.
- Monday, Oct. 16 – Entering Zones #5 & #6
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 – Completing Zones #5 & #6 + Entering Zone #7
- Wednesday, Oct.18 – Completing Zone #7 + Entering Zone #1
- Thursday, Oct. 19 – Completing Zone #1 + Entering Zone #2
- Friday, Oct. 20 – Completing Zone #2 + Entering Zone #3
The leaf schedule will be updated daily and is subject to change. To receive updates via e-mail, visit www.icgov.org/e-subscriptions and subscribe under “Service Notices.”
For more information about Iowa City's Leaf Vacuum Program, including a zone map, instructions on how to prepare leaves, and other helpful reminders, visit www.icgov.org/leafvacuum.