City of Iowa City administrative offices and other facilities will be closed Monday, July 5, 2021, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
The City's annual fireworks display will take place at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, July 3, 2021, at the University of Iowa Old Capitol Museum to close out the last day of the Iowa City Jazz Festival, presented by the Summer of the Arts.
Independence Day closures and schedule adjustments:
Airport: The office will be closed, but Jet Air will be open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and 24-hour self-serve fuel will be available.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed.
Trash & Recycling: Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection will be collected on Monday. There is no interruption in service.
Landfill: Closed Sunday and Monday.
City Hall: Closed.
Library: Closed Sunday, open Monday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Library Book Mobile: Running Monday. More information on Book Mobile locations can be found online.
Oakland Cemetery: Office closed.
Parking: Office closed. City ramps and metered parking will not be enforced Sunday or Monday.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices will be closed, but some park facilities are open, including:
- Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center
- Sunday: Open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pool is closed.
- Monday: Open from 6:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pool is closed
- Mercer Park Aquatic Center
- Sunday: Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pool open 8 to 11:30 a.m. for lap swim and water walking, and then 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for open swim
- Monday: Open from 6:15 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pool open 6:15 to 8 a.m. for lap swim and water walking, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for lap swim and water walking, 1:30 to 8 p.m. for open swim.
- City Park Pool
- Sunday: Open from 6:15 to 11 a.m. for lap swim and water walking, 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for open swim.
- Monday: Open 6:15 to 9 a.m. for lap swim and water walking, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for lap swim and water walking, 1:30 to 4:30 for open swim, and 5 to 8 p.m. for open swim.
Check out all the events planned for the whole family on July 4 at www.icgov.org/pr.
Police: Administrative offices and records closed. Patrol will operate regular hours.
Senior Center: Closed.
Transit: No transit services Sunday; Saturday Service schedule for Monday.
- If a water emergency occurs, call the 24-hour emergency number at 319-356-5166.
Regular City operations will resume Tuesday, July 6, 2021. For more information, contact Shannon McMahon, Communications Coordinator, at 319-356-5058.