City of Iowa City administrative offices and other facilities will be closed Thursday, July 4, 2019, to celebrate the Independence Day holiday. The City's fireworks will be held at 9:30 p.m. Friday, July 5, at the University of Iowa Old Capitol Museum to close out the first day of the Summer of the Arts' Iowa City Jazz Festival.
Airport: The office will be closed, but Jet Air will be open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and 24-hour self-serve fuel will be available.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed.
Trash & Recycling: Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection will run normally on the holiday and Friday.
City Hall: Closed.
Oakland Cemetery: Closed.
Parking: Closed. City ramps and metered parking will not be enforced.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices will be closed, other facilities are as follows:
- The Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center and Mercer Park Aquatic Center/Scanlon Gym will close at 5 p.m., with indoor pools closing at 4 p.m.
- City Park pool will have free entrance and maintain normal hours, closing at 8 p.m.
- Party in the Park will be held at Upper City Park, 200 Park Road, from 2-4 p.m. The free event will feature live music, bald eagle kite making, games, and free entrance in to the City Park pool all day.
- Check out all the events planned for the whole family on July 4 at www.icgov.org/pr.
Police: Administrative offices and records closed. Patrol will operate normally.
Senior Center: Closed. No senior meals.
Transit: No transit services.
- If a water emergency occurs, call the 24-hour emergency number at 319-356-5166.
Normal City operations will resume Friday, July 5.