City of Iowa City administrative offices and other facilities will be closed Thursday, Dec. 23, and Friday, Dec. 24, 2021, for the Christmas holiday, as well as Friday, Dec. 31, 2021, for the New Year's Day holiday.
Please note that trash, yard waste, and recycling will be collected on their normal days.
Other office closures and schedules for the holiday include:
Airport: Administration Office closed December 23-Jan 1. Jet Air (FBO) staffed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Dec. 25, but will be available for a fee by calling 319-248-1200. Hours on Jan. 1 will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (available after hours for a fee.) Service will be available at regular hours during all other dates. Self-Service fueling (100LL and Jet-A) is available 24 hours.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed Dec. 23-24, as well as Dec. 31. Closed on Christmas; open normal hours on New Year's Day, Jan. 1, 2021.
Landfill and Recycling Center: Closes early, 2:30 p.m., on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
Library: Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 23. Closed Dec. 24. Library will close at 2 p.m. on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31. Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
ICPL Bookmobile: Not operating.
Oakland Cemetery: Office closed Dec. 23-24, as well as Dec. 31.
Parking: Office open and normal enforcement Dec. 23; office closed, no enforcement Dec. 24 and Christmas Day. Office open and normal enforcement Dec. 31; office closed, no enforcement New Year's Day.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices closed Dec. 23-24 and Dec. 31. Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Recreation facilities closed Dec. 24, as well as Christmas and New Year's Day. Recreation facilities close at 5 p.m. and the Robert A. Lee Recreation Center pool closes at 9 a.m. on December 31.
- The Mercer Park Aquatic Center pool remains closed during these holiday weeks for renovations. For more information, visit icgov.org/pr.
Police: Patrol on-duty. Records and administrative offices closed Dec. 23-24, and Dec. 31, also closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
Refuse, Recycling, and Organics: Garbage, recycling, and organics will be collected normally.
- Routes on Dec. 23, Dec. 24, and Dec. 31 will be collected as normal.
- Christmas trees can be left at the curb for collection at any time.
Senior Center: Closed Dec. 23-24, and Dec. 31. Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
Transit: No bus service on Christmas or New Year's Day.
- Dec. 24: Free service with a Saturday schedule, last buses leave the interchange at 6 p.m.
- Dec. 31: Normal bus schedule, last buses leave the interchange at 6 p.m.
- No Free Downtown Shuttle from Dec. 20 to Jan. 18, 2021.
Water: Closed Dec. 23-24, and Dec. 31. Residents with a water emergency should call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
Wastewater: Closed Dec. 23-24, and Dec. 31. Residents with a wastewater emergency should call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5177.
City offices and operations will return to normal schedules and procedures on Monday, Dec. 28 to Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021, and then again on Monday, Jan. 4, 2022.
For questions, contact Shannon McMahon at 319-356-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.