City of Iowa City administrative offices at City Hall, 410 E. Washington St., are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In observance of the coming winter holidays, additional closures and changes to schedules have been updated.
City Hall administrative offices and other facilities and services will be closed on Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25, 2020, and New Year's Day, Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
The following schedules will be in effect for other City facilities during the holidays:
Airport: Office closed December 24, 25, and January 1. Jet Air (FBO) staffed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Dec. 25, but will be available for a fee by calling 319-248-1200. Hours on Jan. 1 will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (available after hours for a fee.) Service will be available at regular hours during all other dates. Self-Service fueling (100LL and Jet-A) is available 24 hours.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1. Access limited to appointments due to COVID-19 on weekdays between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Landfill and Recycling Center: Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
Library: Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 24, with current COVID-19 limited access. Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Library will close at 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31.
ICPL Bookmobile: Not operating due to COVID-19.
Oakland Cemetery: Closed Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1.
Parking: Office closed, no enforcement, and free parking on Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1.
Parks and Recreation: Administrative offices and recreation facilities closed Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1. For more information, visit icgov.org/pr.
Police: Patrol on-duty. Records and administrative offices closed Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1.
Refuse, Recycling, and Organics: Garbage, recycling, and organics will not be collected Dec. 25 or Jan. 1.
- Routes normally collected on Fridays will be collected a day early, on Thursday, Dec. 24, and Thursday, Dec. 31.
- Have items curbside by 7 a.m. The City cannot determine exactly when items will be collected.
- Christmas trees can be left at the curb for collection at any time.
Senior Center: Closed to the public due to COVID-19.
Transit: No bus service on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Dec. 24: Free service with a Saturday schedule, last buses leave the interchange at 6 p.m.
- Dec. 31: Normal bus schedule, last buses leave the interchange at 6 p.m.
- No Free Downtown Shuttle until University of Iowa students return to campus.
Water: Closed Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1.
- Residents with a water emergency should call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
City offices and operations will return to current COVID-19 schedules and procedures on Monday, Dec. 28 to Friday, Dec. 31, 2020, and then again on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
For questions, contact Shannon McMahon at 319-356-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.