City Hall administrative offices in Iowa City will be closed on Christmas Eve, Monday, Dec. 24, Christmas Day, Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2018, and New Year's Day, Tuesday, Jan 1, 2019.
The following schedules will be in effect for other City facilities during the holidays:
Airport: Office closed December 24-January 2. Jet Air (FBO) will be closed Dec.25, but will be available for a fee by calling 319-248-1200. Service will be available regular hours the other days. Self Services fuel (100LL and Jet-A) available 24-hours.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
Landfill and Recycling Center: Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
Library: Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. Library will close at 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31.
- Bookmobile: Not operating Dec. 24-Jan 3 for winter break. New operating schedule begins Jan. 7.
Oakland Cemetery: Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
Parking: Office closed and no enforcement Dec. 24, 25, and Jan. 1.
- Free ramp parking Saturday, Dec. 15 and 22.
Parks and Recreation: All facilities closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. Buildings will close at 5 p.m. and pools will close at 4 p.m. on Dec. 31.
Police: Patrol on-duty. Records and administrative offices closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
Senior Center: Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. No senior meals.
Trash & Recycling: Garbage, recycling, and organics will not be collected Dec. 25 or Jan. 1.
- Skipped routes will be collected the next day.
- Have items curbside by 7 a.m. The City cannot determine exactly when items will be collected.
- The City will begin collecting Christmas trees at the curb on Monday, Jan. 7.
Transit: No bus service on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Free service with a Saturday schedule, closing at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24.
- Normal bus schedule, but closing at 6 p.m. on Dec. 31.
- No Free Downtown Shuttle during University of Iowa break Dec. 17 - Jan. 12.
Water: Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
Residents with a water emergency should call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
City offices and operations will return to normal schedules on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
For questions, contact Shannon McMahon at 319-356-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.