Join us from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 24, 2022, at the Chauncey Swan Parking Ramp for the Donation Drive-Thru.
The event entrance will be the Washington Street ramp entrance (across from City Hall), which will be turned into a one-way lane. Vehicles will exit the event on the recreation center side of the ramp onto Burlington Street.
Accepted items for donation
Donation items must be gently-used and in good, working condition. Items that do not meet these specifications will not be accepted. All donations will go directly to non-profit partners.
- Unopened/non-perishable food
- Unopened hygiene/grooming products (such as shampoo, toothpaste)
- Working tools (such as hammers, screwdrivers)
- Dining tables and chairs
- Working appliances (such as countertop microwaves)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Clothing and shoes
Accepted items for recycling
For Johnson County residents only. Businesses and non-profits: please call for more information. Items past use for recycling will not be accepted, like items that are badly stained, wet, etc.
- Mattresses and box springs (available for those that are no longer usable)
- $10 recycling fee per item - cash only
- Batteries (all kinds accepted)
- Books (available for books that are damaged or outdated)
- Light bulbs (CFL and LED bulbs accepted)
Whether you are moving or just need to recycle or donate certain items, all Johnson County residents are welcome! No items will be available for purchase. Only items on the accepted items list will be accepted for donation or recycling. More info at www.icgov.org/donate.