All City parks which were partially closed will be reopened to their normal hours on Monday, March 16, 2020, after deer management operations were conducted for the last three weeks.
In order to reduce the deer population, White Buffalo, Inc. was hired to strategically and professionally carry out sharpshooting measures. A selection of parks were closed from 3 p.m. to dawn, and some from dusk to dawn, for three weeks to allow sharpshooting.
The below parks will be open for their normal hours starting Monday:
- Thornberry Off Leash Dog Park and Peninsula Disc Golf Course, West end of Foster Road
- Waterworks Prairie Park, 2875 N. Dubuque St.
- The Ned Ashton House, 820 Park Road
- Terrell Mill Park, 1209 N. Dubuque St.
- Hickory Hill Park, 800 Conklin St., 1439 Bloomington St, and the intersection of First Ave. and Stuart Court.
- Oakland Cemetery, 1000 Brown St.
To learn more about Iowa City’s Deer Population Management Program, visit www.icgov.org/deerproject.