Crews will collect natural Christmas trees at the curb Monday, Jan. 7 - Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
Residents who receive City of Iowa City garbage, recycling and organics (yard waste and food waste) service should place their natural trees at the curb on their regular collection day. Trees will be collected at no additional charge, and then composted at the Iowa City Landfill and Recycling Center.
Before placing trees at the curb, be sure to:
- Remove all decorations including ornaments, lights and garland
- Do not put the tree in a plastic bag
This service is only for natural trees. Artificial trees can be donated to second-hand shops, or for an additional fee, the City will dispose of them. Call 319-356-5151 to arrange pick up.
Recycle Holiday Lights
Holiday lights can also be recycled at several community locations through January 21, 2019, and are accepted year-round at the East Side Recycling Center's Habitat for Humanity ReStore donation area and at the Iowa City Landfill and Recycling Center.
- Iowa City Landfill and Recycling Center, 3900 Hebl Ave.
- ReStore donation area, 2401 Scott Blvd. SE
- Iowa City Hy-Vee stores: 1720 Waterfront Dr., 812 S. 1st Ave., 1125 North Dodge St.
- Coralville Hy-Vee, 1914 8th St.
- Stuff Etc., 2818 Commerce Dr.
- Coralville City Hall, 1512 7th St.
- Coralville Recreation Center, 1506 8th St.
Questions? Contact Recycling Coordinator Jane Wilch at 319-887-6110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.