Work will begin Monday (June, 20, 2016) on a project to replace several sidewalk curb ramps along Lakeside Drive in Iowa City.
- Lakeside Drive/Miami Drive
- Lakeside Drive/Regal Lane (east)
- Lakeside Drive/Regal Lane (west)
- Lakeside Drive/Nevada Drive
- Lakeside Driver/Aster Drive
- Lakeside Drive/Whispering Prairies (possible add-on)
Drivers will not be impacted, but pedestrians will need to reroute as some sidewalks will be closed.
Bus riders will also notice some temporary changes with a stop relocation and the periodic closing of several stops, including:
- Lakeside Drive & Whispering Prairies (stop 7053)
- Lakeside Drive & Nevada Avenue (stop 7052)
- Lakeside Drive & Miami Drive (stop 7054)
A temporary stop will also go in along Lakeside Drive during the project and will be used as an alternate stop for Lakeside customers. Lakeside Drive will not detour during the project and normal service should resume July 15, 2016.
The curb ramp project is expected to be completed and reopen by July 22, 2016.
For updated information on road construction in Iowa City visit www.iowa-city.org/works/roadconstruction.asp.