The City of Iowa City will tow vehicles to allow plows to clear the entire width of the street beginning at 7 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2021.
During this time, on-street parking will be prohibited in posted areas. Vehicles that are not moved will be towed. Crews posted 'No Parking Due to Maintenance' signs at least 48-hours in advance in impacted areas.
UI students should pay special attention, as many park their vehicles on the street in these areas.
Crews will begin at 7 a.m. Vehicles should be off the street before crews begin work at 7 a.m.
Friday, Jan. 8:
- Jefferson Street, from Gilbert Street to Evans Street (south side only)
- Iowa Avenue, from Van Buren Street to Muscatine Avenue (south side only)
- Washington Street, from Johnson Street to Muscatine Avenue (south side only)
- College Street, from Van Buren Street to Muscatine Avenue (south side only)
- Prentiss Street, from Capitol Street to Dubuque Street (south side only)
- Clinton Street, from Prentiss Street to the railroad tracks south of Prentiss (west side only)
For more information, call the Streets Division at 319-356-5181.
If you are towed
If your vehicle is towed, call the Parking Division at 319-356-5151 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. After hours call the Iowa City Police Department's routine line at 319-356-5275. Do not call 911.
Be prepared to provide your vehicle information and license plate number to find out if your vehicle is on the impound list. To recover your vehicle, you will need to show an ID and pay for all unpaid City of Iowa City citations in cash. After payment is made, you will be given instructions on how to reclaim your vehicle. Towing charges and any vehicle impound storage fees will also need to be paid. These are the responsibility of the vehicle owner.