A snowstorm is slated to hit Iowa City this weekend, once again bringing large amounts of snow. Forecasts predict anywhere between three to eight inches of total accumulation between Saturday, Jan. 30, and Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.
The City is urging all residents to park their cars off-street so plows can efficiently clear roads of snow. If off-street parking is not available, residents should consider alternative parking arrangements. For example, vehicles can be moved to a Downtown Parking ramp. Vehicles can be parked at any of the ramps listed below for overnight storage, but must be moved by 7 a.m. the following day to avoid a fee.
If off-street parking is not an option, the City urges residents to avoid parking directly across the street from other parked cars. This gives snow plow operators as much space as possible. Please follow odd/even parking guidelines on streets with this signage.
- Dubuque Street ramp
- Located at 220 S. Dubuque Street
- Chauncey Swan ramp
- Located at 415 E. Washington Street
- Court Street Transportation Center
- Located at 150 E. Court Street
- Harrison Street Parking Ramp
- Located at 175 E. Harrison Street
- Capitol Street ramp
- Located at 220 S. Capitol Street
- Tower Place and parking
- Located at 335 Iowa Avenue