The City of Iowa City recently launched a redesigned website at www.icgov.org. City staff worked with a professional web development team from the Information Technology Services department at the University of Iowa to create the new look and functionality of the site.
A few features of the redesigned website include:
- Enhanced search functionality
- Device responsiveness so the site can be easily viewed whether on a desktop, laptop or mobile device
- Site-wide compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Iowa Human Rights Act, so the site can be easily accessed by individuals with visual or other impairments
- Google Translate button located at the bottom of each page
- Quicker viewing of documents
- Enhanced calendar system
In conjunction with the redesign of the City’s website, the City is also rolling out a new email subscription service using GovDelivery. As its name implies, GovDelivery works exclusively with federal, state and municipal government agencies, providing digital communications services for more than 550 clients nationwide.
Visit the City’s website, www.icgov.org, and click on “News and Media” or use this link https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IAIOWA/subscriber/new to sign up for news releases, newsletters and text message notifications.
For more information, contact Communications Coordinator Shannon McMahon at 319-356-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.