The City of Iowa City has published its latest progress report for the 2020-2021 Strategic Plan.
The City’s Strategic Plan is a goal-setting document that establishes top priorities and initiatives of City Council. The Strategic Plan, developed approximately every two years, is a collaborative effort between Council members and City staff. Initiatives identified in the Plan guide staff actions as they address Council priorities through specific programs, policies, and projects.
The City Council adopted the 2020-2021 Strategic Plan in June 2020 and the update details projects that have been accomplished or are in progress. The current plan aims to foster a more inclusive, just and sustainable Iowa City by prioritizing the physical, mental and economic wellbeing of all residents, and includes the following initiatives:
- Advance Social Justice, Racial Equity, and Human Rights
- Demonstrate Leadership in Climate Action
- Strengthen Community Engagement and Intergovernmental Relations
- Invest in Public Infrastructure, Facilities and Fiscal Reserves
- Foster Healthy Neighborhoods and Affordable Housing Throughout the City
- Enhance Community Mobility for All Residents
- Promote an Inclusive and Resilient Economy Throughout the City
The 2020-2021 update document can be found online at www.icgov.org/strategicplan.