The final round of curbside debris cleanup began Monday, and has proceeded faster than first predicted, meaning the City's final round should conclude on Friday, Sept. 4, 2020.
Many zones, including 1 through 13, have either been completed, or will be shortly. Zones 6 and 9 should be finished by end of day Thursday or early Friday.
Once the final round of cleanup is completed, yard waste removal will revert to pre-storm requirements. At this time, the City asks that all small piles of twigs, branches, and leaves be placed in standard containers, detailed below.
Curbside customers may place fallen tree limbs, branches, brush and woody yard waste at the curb for pick-up on their normal garbage day only if it meets the following specifications:
- Wood waste and brush must be four inches in diameter or less.
- Must be securely tied in bundles that are no bigger around than 18 inches and no more than 48 inches in length.
- Bundles must also weigh less than 50 pounds.
Reminders for storm debris cleanup
- Do not park in front of uncollected storm debris, as crews will be unable to clear these areas.
- Small piles of twigs and branches left at the curb may not be picked up by City crews. Please place these items into your yellow-lid organics cart, paper yard waste bags, or other containers 20-35 gallons in size that weigh less than 50 pounds.
- To report any felled trees on sidewalks, right of ways, or streets, please use the icgov.org/ICgovExpress online reporting service, or call Streets at 319-356-5181.
- To receive curbside service alerts to your email, signup for alerts at icgov.org/e-subscriptions.