Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Parks and Recreation Department has announced the following updates regarding its facilities and programs.
- The Iowa City Farmers Market start will be delayed until at least Saturday, July 4, 2020.
- Shelter and facility rentals and permits are canceled through end of May. New reservations are not being taken.
- There will be no organized groups sports and no athletic field rentals through the start of fall sports, approximately Friday, August 15, 2020.
- No summer recreation brochure will be available. Look for updates about new classes and events on our social media pages in early June.
- Recreation Centers, swimming pools, splash pads, skate park, park restrooms, and playgrounds remain closed until further notice.
Last week, the Terry Trueblood Recreation Area's trail was converted to a one-way loop temporarily in order to help maintain social distancing.
All measures made by the Parks and Recreation Department are made to keep the users of the City's parks as safe as possible during this pandemic.
For all Iowa City COVID-19 news, updates and resources, visit our web page at icgov.org/Coronavirus.