Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the annual in-person resale event, Rummage in the Ramp, is cancelled.
Today, Friday, July 24, 2020, would have been the first day of the event this summer, so to commemorate, we are sharing several online resources with our Iowa City community to promote responsible materials management, waste reduction, reuse, and repair.
Below is a summary, but visit the Rummage in the Ramp website for more information.
- Iowa City Resale and Consignment Directory: Shop secondhand, support reuse, save money, and reduce waste all in one and all year-round with this directory.
- Rummage ReDux: The deadline to apply has been extended to 5 p.m. Friday, July 31, 2020, for Rummage ReDux, the upcycling and repurposing competition. Get creative yourself, or stay tuned to see what upcycled and repurposed creations our participants imagined. Photos will be posted at our Facebook page.
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Repair, Fix, Repurpose: Leaky faucet, wobbly table, torn sweater, or smelly washing machine — you name it, there is a repair solution. Save some money and reduce waste by fixing what you already own instead of buying new. Tons of tutorials are available at the resources provided on the Rummage website.
- Rummage Revisit: Are you Rummage reminiscing like we are? If so, join us in celebrating the 14th year of Rummage (Outside) the Ramp by sharing a photo of a secondhand treasure or multiple treasures you have found at past Rummage events.
- Local Materials Management: Whether you are looking to properly recycle or dispose of hazardous material, electronics, furniture, or standard recycling materials, we have options for you.
For full details on all of these resources, check out the Rummage in the Ramp website: icgov.org/rummageintheramp.