The holiday season results in more trash than normal, which means more waste will be entering our landfill. The good news is that there are some easy ways to reduce waste. Be part of the solution by joining us in celebrating the 12 Days of Waste Reduction - Monday, Dec. 6, through Friday, Dec. 17, 2021 - to lighten your climate footprint during this merry time.
Here is the lineup of festive, waste-reducing topics:
- Green your tree.
- Green your ornaments.
- Recycle holiday light strands.
- Think outside of the box with holiday gift-giving.
- Use your power of consumer choice when purchasing gifts.
- Wrap sustainably.
- Reduce holiday food waste with a little planning.
- Properly dispose of batteries.
- Be conscious of Styrofoam.
- Recycle cardboard.
- Recycle correctly.
- Plant or compost your Christmas tree.